- In this course students will learn hands-on how they can positively impact the world as well as others through their art and creative gifts. Students will be learning and producing an arts event fundraiser based on a template that can be replicated anywhere in the world to help others in the future through their art. At the end of the course students can invite their friends and family to the arts fundraiser event they themselves produced during the course. The event is an opportunity for students to show off their newly honed skills as well as a collaborative art piece produced during the course while giving back to the local community in Ottawa!
What to Expect:
• Students will have the opportunity to create a collaborative community art piece with other participants utilizing multiple artistic disciplines such as: digital media, painting, stenciling, drawing, event production + planning, event marketing + fundraising 101 and much more.
• Students will be able to learn hands-on with other course participants how to put together their very own art show fundraiser while learning to harness the power of artistic collaboration. Proceeds of the fundraiser directly benefit the OSA’ s Scholarship Fund that provides resources for students who do not have the financial means to attend the OSA.
• Students will learn about Social Responsibility and what it means to put your art into action. During the course students will be putting on and producing their very own collaborative art fundraiser event that they can invite their friends and family to at the end of the course.
• Students will walk away with a template for arts outreach + fundraising that they can reproduce in their communities, schools and beyond.